Friday 26 December 2014

A Giving State of Mind

Mid-Season's Greetings!

I have negleted my little blog for a few extra days, and I do apologize to all who read, and to the Gods of Written Word for not letting out a few pieces of verbal flavour.
  My excuse is of course, the holiday season. I in no way blame the celebration of giving on my inability to blog consistently... instead, the time to fall into my mind's narrative feels to me quite selfish. This is purely a relative feeling, and in no way do I project this towards other bloggers.
Yes, in the season of giving, my focus has been on my lovely wife, my beautiful daughter, and close family around this time. We planned, we cooked, we ate and enjoyed all there is to enjoy around Christmas.
   I value and am slightly envious of the ability that my family and comrads have the wherewithall to plan and fully embrace the festivities of the season. Envious because I do not feel my planning and executing of holiday fun is up to snuff yet. Perhaps, in my everyday narrative unwritten, I forget the culture in which I'm included sometimes. Enough slugging in my psyche though, we have some great things happening for the rest of the year 2014!
  To thank my family for all the time and energy they've put towards our gathering woud understate my appreciation for them. A big cheers to those who make the Season of Giving what it means to me!

~Catch that river in the sky~

No comments:

Post a Comment